African red tea, which is most commonly known as the rooibos tea, arrives from the South African red bush. That is why it is called African Red Tea. One of the benefits of Rooibos tea is that it is naturally caffeine-free. Red tea comes in two forms so either it can be green or red rooibos tea. The fermented variety, that is red tea, is more commonly available.
Rooibos naturally tastes sweet but it is low in calories. This makes it an appropriate replacement of a high-sugar drink. This exclusive red tea leaves also comes with plenty of other health benefits that also includes shedding the extra fats away from the body. By drinking rooibos tea regularly you can even meet your weight-loss goals. Below you can find the best recipe of red tea detox to lose weight.
Benefits of Drinking Red Tea
- It helps you reduce weight by accelerating the weight loss process.
- It is beneficial for diabetic patients as it also helps to even out the blood glucose levels.
- It reduces the risk of getting Alzheimer diseases.
- It is low in cholesterol and also helps in fighting cancer.
- It is also a great remedy for infants for fighting cholic.
Recipe To Make Rooibos Tea
African red tea is simple to make and it is not a complicated tea that takes hours to prepare. You can make it just like you make any other herbal teas. Here is a quick recipes for African red tea.
- Take 8oz water and add a 1 1/2 teaspoons of loose African red tea when the water starts boiling.
- You can allow the tea to sit for around five to six minutes. If you want a stronger taste then you can put it longer. However, letting the tea steep for a longer time would not make the tea bitter in taste.
- For a chilled African red tea, you can steep the tea and then put the hot tea in your refrigerator to let it cool down.
- Alternatively, you can double the quantity of tea and simply pour that hot tea in a glass that is filled with ice cubes. This way you can enjoy chilled red tea.